Well folks, it's a month 'till the baby is due. I can't believe how fast time has flown by, how much we have accomplished and how much we still have left to do around here!!
We just finished taking our Childbirth Prep class- John took these pictures on the hospital skybridge during our lunch break- he is such the photographer!! I love it! (thanks babe!!)
The crafting has come in spurts- I have been busy making nursery things and decorating, along with working on some paper goodies here and there. I made it a goal to have a bunch of scrapbooking done before baby arrives...but we'll see. The urge is there, but I don't want the personal pressure. Frankly, that's what tends to get me in trouble in the first place. However, there are still some things of major importance around the house that need to be done, and soon:
- Garage, garage, garage: Cleaned, purged and my work station set up and ready so I can effing reopen my etsy shop!!!!! (I feel really strongly about this if you can't tell.)
- Storage Unit: Cleaned and Purged, and hopefully we can move our camping and sports equipment into it so we have more room in the garage...(see above)
- Bathroom: I need to clean out the one small cupboard we have under the sink to make some room for baby bath stuff, like towels and wash clothes, etc. Also, the picture frames that have been hanging on the wall for a year with no pictures in them, well, that needs a remedy too.
- Kitchen: Time to take out most of the 500 wine glasses to make room for baby bottles and formula and sterilizers and what ever else baby kitchen items are quickly coming down the pipeline. Also need to clean out the laundry cupboard and find room in there for baby goodies as well.
- Foyer and Coat Closet: You can't fit a dang thing in that closet right now, it needs a purge so we can stash the stroller and car seat inside when not in use. Also, Drakes dog toy basket is ready for a clean up too.
- Living Room/Dining Room: A few minor projects- some pillow covers to sew, a poster to frame, I am painting 3 canvases for the dining room wall, we still have to finish putting together the rest of our modular TV unit, maybe also get a new couch cover from IKEA and....maybe...paint the walls yellow. Maybe. We also have the picture frame problem in this room, so I need to print some pics for the frames in here as well.
- Linen Cupboard: it's the size of a shoe and always needs purging, so might as well add that too the list as well.
I am putting this list on my blog in case any of my friends reading this want to volunteer their time to help? Anyone? (hahaha, yeah right!)
However, at least the bedroom is ready for baby!!!
If you have read my blog for a while, you know that I once had a really nice craft room/studio. We live in a little 2 bedroom rental, and decided that the humongous Master Bedroom would be better as my studio and the little tiny other room could be our bedroom...
Until we found out we were expecting and made the decision not to move.
I still needed my office space- but we traded the two rooms, the office downsized (a ton) to the small room and we moved ourselves back into the Master Bedroom, and created a Nursery Nook in what was once the closet...so until we can't bear it anymore...we'll be sharing the room with baby.
We bought most of our furniture from IKEA- because I can't afford much else:) and we like to keep things kind of modern around the house. The lamp is a mini arc lamp I bought at a boutique in Bellevue, it was my splurge after the garage sale. The chair was a $15 vintage buy and we had that in the old office. We also built a "box" style headboard over our existing bed frame because we didn't have room for nightstands, and that ended up turning out great and saved us the $400 it would have cost to buy a new IKEA Malm frame.
I made a photo album on the side bar to the right ------> if you want to see more, or just click here to get to it: Nursery Nook album. Here are just a couple more photos:
This is the little "closet" shelf that greets you right when you walk in. Right now, it's not being used much for clothing because we still have room in the dresser, so instead I have been hanging baby blankets on it. I have added a few more since I took this picture! And of course I hung a hoop.dee.do board on the wall to pin up pictures and the announcement and other keepsakes we'll collect as we go.
I LOOOOOOOOVE the wooden elephant/ramp walker I bought from The Wooden Wagon! I can't remember which "kids" blog I found it on, but I had to have it!! It brings me immense joy. So do the lamps I bought- besides the Arc Lamp, I bought 3 of those globe looking ones from IKEA- one is on this cubby shelf, one is on the dresser, and the other is on John's side of the bed/headboard. I put all the lights in the room on dimmer switches so we can keep things subdued when needed.
Another few favorites: The orange bird print is by Good Shape Design from ThreePotatoFourShop.com and smaller one is by Petite Collage via Etsy. I also bought the little wooden bird from The Wooden Wagon, but the little wood elephant on the dresser I bought at my local Fred Meyer- which I must say, has become one of my favorite stores!! I am always finding fun stuff at Freddies, and for CHEAP!! They had the most killer sale on baby clothes after Christmas! John made the table tray for the changing pad, one of the top drawers of the dresser has all the diaper supplies in it, we just need a Diaper Genie and we're set. Since this picture was taken, I also added (and plan to make a few more) a removable pad that goes on top of the one you see here, so hopefully those will be what we wash, and the white one will stay relatively clean...(I can hear you laughing...). I also took down the annoying-won't-hang-properly pink cubby. :D I made the mobile using my Silhouette SD, it was inspired by a beautiful wood veneer mobile I found at Fawn + Forest...Try not to choke like I did when I saw the price. I cheesed up my version with a little elephant and bird to go with the room. The fabric on the crib bumper is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey, and the teal woodgrain is Ginseng by Joel Dewberry, both of these fabrics, (including all the others I buy) came from QuiltHome.com, which is a FABULOUS online fabric shop with great customer service, and super fast shipping! The grey wall color is Granite in Aura by Benjamin Moore, and the white on the walls is Decorator White, also from BM.
The only thing missing from the room is one of these:
one day... :D
Of course, this would have to be my favorite room accessory:
He loves the new bedroom, every morning right after he's had his breakfast and John has either left or is in the garage getting ready to leave, Drake comes back into the room and waits for me to tell him it's okay to take John's spot on the bed. I love it! He'll sack out for hours, or until I ask him to get up so I can make the bed. I hope we'll still have lots of snuggle time after his little sister arrives.
I hope you like the pictures of the Nook/Bedroom Makeover! If you have questions about any of the stuff I have up, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments, and I will answer.
Better get on to that to do list!!