Last post I shared my side of our office/playroom, I finally found some time to post the pictures of Maggie's side:
- We used the chaise part of our IKEA Karlstadt sofa because we had it, and it fit, but I don't love how low it is and would prefer an overstuffed chair or a small loveseat, but it's good enough!
- Her desk was made using the top of an old IKEA Lack console table, which they don't make anymore (it's kind of like a cheap parsons desk, without the drawer). We painted it and secured it with two heavy shelf brackets.
- The chair was something Maggie's Opa found at a garage sale, we spray painted it teal using Rustoleum, which I prefer to Krylon.
- The Expedit was left over from my office previous to this makeover, but new to moving to North Bend.
- The paper chain was made on a rainy sunday using some construction paper to add some color and fun to the room.
- We also added the cable and clips over the window to hang Maggie's Art, which was an idea from Pinterest.
- I have a tutorial to show you how I did the wall lettering too, I will post that shortly.
Maggie loves coloring and painting, and she loves reading and she loves Playmobil, and she loves stuffed animals. Everything else is a lukewarm second. She's not into any licensed characters at this point, thank goodness. It's pretty funny to watch her come out with personality quirks from both John and I, and the stuff she picks up at Daycare...some cute, some not quite...but watching her grow into an amazing little girl is the best thing ever! I love spending our free days together.
The other major project I am up to my chin in these days, is trying to finish websites for both John and my businesses. I have his about 70% finished, it's at least up and has contact information, which is perfect for him at this point. Here is a screen shot, you can see it at www.MadronaPaintworks.com:
and as for me, I am launching my graphic design services site and big cartel shop, which I will have pre-designed logos, marketing templates (for small biz and photographers), printables, prints, etc.
I am really trying hard to just get it done, but it's taking a long time, mostly because I keep changing my mind about how to showcase my services, and which platform to use. Boy oh boy, being your own client is much harder than working for someone else. I am hoping to be done by June 15th, and will start taking clients immediately.
Anyway, you can see a preview at www.StudioPebbles.com, and sign up for the mailing list if you like:
My posters for the Touch-A-Truck event turned out super cute, the Junior League was selling them at the event as a fundraiser, I think they printed 1000, and they SOLD OUT! I tell ya, it does one's ego good to see people at an event walking around with your art in their hands. I am planning on printing a short run as well, so if you would like one, stay tuned. Of course, part of the proceeds will go to the JLS for their work in the community.
And in daily life, when we're not all scrambling around with work or "school", I am trying to walk/jog my way down to a normal weight, and I am trying to make the most of the days I am a SAHM with Maggie by planning at least one fun event a week and taking her to drop-in at the "bouncy houses." And I am keeping up with pictures on my iPhone and still sharing on Instagram. Here's a few recent snaps:
- Sneak-Tickle-Attack on Mommy from over the back of the couch.
- Last burst of nighttime giggles.
- A good week of walking/jogging.
- Family Night at Si View.
- Post Workout Glow.
- Straight hair and someone who shouldn't be on the couch.
- Alki Beach.
- Seattle JLS Touch-A-Truck at Magnuson Park.
- Laying in my bed with my Kindle, singing, "Diarrhea, Diarrhea, Diarrhea!"
- Sunday yogurt and hot cocoa at SBX w/ Mommy.
Oh, and if you didn't notice, I gave my blog a mini-makeover, the yellow striped header that was up before was way too loud and made this thing just too busy to look at. I like this version better, and it hopefully ties in a bit better with the new website. :D
That's the latest news from the Pebbles house! I can't wait to be finished with the website so I can get on with my other projects, I am especially excited to work on some cute party printables, and hoping for some adventuresome clients who need rebranding...if that's you, I hope you'll consider me!
Until next time...